[2010] REBOOT 12 [2010] REBOOT 12

Here we go again!

Jon,
Thanks for submitting this on my birthday. You shouldn't have. It's weird too. I dislocated my right shoulder again two weeks a go. Are you spying on me from the States?

In all seriousness, You gotta stop using recycled material. Several sound effects and voice clips are reused from the last couple of episodes. Also we are in 12th episode and you are still making us read dialogue. Either voice act everything on don't do it at all.

I really miss the music videos that were included in each episodes. I especially loved episode 6 because of the musical pieces that helped tell the story. You are just playing through the dialogue now with low quality voice actors and some subtle background music. Everything really when downhill after episode 7 or 8. The scene with the Stokes cover was the pinnacle of this series.

Everything else is making me cringe.

You really should have grown enough by now to realize that you can never use this series as anything short of a personal project. It's been what - almost 5 years now? All that you've put out is a overly polished dark video game parodies. Your whole "The Apocalytes" is just another video game parody inspired directly from LBP.

Please please make something new and original. Something that comes from your brain alone, not something that can be only told to an audience who is familiar with classic NES games or LBP. And don't use licensed music anymore. It was fine back when we were teenagers, but we're in our mid-twenties now, man. It's time to expand and really make your mark. You can't do it music and ideas of others.
Also, in the future consider finding an animator to work out hard to pull off shots (not me, I fail at animating). Even some of the cool effects that you do aren't as appealing anymore due to the more and more detail added to the characters. To be painfully honest, you're a terrible animator, but you could be a great director and are already an awesome storyteller. Delegate, branch out, and expand.

Your friend watching from the other side of the world,
-Justin

JMartin97 responds:

Appreciate the comments! Disagree with most of it but thanks man :D

Vince The Voodoo doll Vince The Voodoo doll

Underrated

This piece of work shows true quality. You really need to throw more good stuff like this out into the portal continuously. I don't see enough from you, Jose. You got talent, you just need more time and exposure. You'll find your nich.

Emanhattan responds:

Thanks lamb invoker! NI HAO

[2010] REBOOT 11 [2010] REBOOT 11

It's about bloody time!

I cheated and watched this about a year ago. From a year till now all that you added was a few voices, touched up graphics, the laughing part, and the end scene. Not that I'm disappointed, I'm just glad you're finally back working on Reboot instead of that silly PS3 game thing.

Also

When the hell is Justin gonna get a voice already!? >=(

JMartin97 responds:

Thanks for sticking around so long :P

I need to pick up the pace when I do these things huh?

VVVVVV Demo VVVVVV Demo

I bought the full version of this game.

The game in itself was great. I enjoyed every minute of it. The big thing that troubles me is that I paid $15 for a game that took me exactly 2 hours and 45 minutes to beat. And by beat I mean found and retrieved all 20 of those little trinkets and got the second ending and mini game. I am just as disappointed as I was when I played Portal. The full game is just to short and has no replay value for its cost.

Bottomline: it is a well-made, enjoyable game but is just not worth its $15 dollar price sticker. I recommend for others to play-through the game, but no blow $15 dollars on it as I did. Wait around, there will enviablely be a free version floating around somewhere.

SHIFT 3 SHIFT 3

Solid Game.

Another great expansion of the Shift series. A few new surprises and bunch of extra secret stuff thrown in for replay value. The only let down is, other than the new innovative expansive map design this game just seems to be a slightly altered version of the previous two games.

I would recommend straying away from the solid puzzler design and focus on more platforming elements. Running through a maze, collecting keys, and unlocking doors is getting dull. There's plenty of way to include more action oriented elements to the game. Look at the old Abe's Odyssey/Exodus for the PS1. That there was a great game that combined both puzzle and action elements.

I say give the Shift series a rest and work on a new project. You can always come back to it a year or so from now and revamp it with more content. But releasing one Shift game after another at this rate will bore your audience. I'm sure you can come up with a more exciting and larger scale game.

On a side note: No, I didn't down vote you when I couldn't find the reset button. =)

The-EXP responds:

As an actual fact I'm workign on somethign completely different and lots of fun at the moment :)
Thanks for playing and offering advice.

Dino Run Dino Run

Best Platforming Game on Newgrounds.

I love everything about this game. From its old school roots to its innovative action oriented triggered events that you come across throughout each level. What really impressed me the most was the total lack of repetition throughout each level. At every twist and turn something new was thrown at my face, making me quick to think and react. What impressed me even more was how detailed each level was. There were alternate paths, hidden secrets, powers, etc scattered throughout the playfield, which offered no annoying deadends or pitfalls, which is an amazing achievement considering the sheer depth of each level.

This is officially my current favorite game on Newgrounds. I look forward for ANY future developments coming from the pixeljamgames team.

Rig - 4 AM Rig - 4 AM

Speaks

This piece speaks to me. I will be listening to it frequently as I work on my gaming engine over the summer. Kudos.

Rig - Stardust Crazy Rig - Stardust Crazy

It's amazing really

Whenever I am depressed because of academics or some other crazy thing and I listen to this song, I always feel much better.

Rig responds:

Aww, I'm glad it works for you :3

A New Direction A New Direction

Good.

I really like this submission. It's easy to listen to and all the jazz.